Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Turkey Trot Tomorrow Morning:

   Tomorrow will mark the 63rd running of the Troy Turkey Trot. As of early this afternoon, more than 7100 runners had registered to run, breaking all previous records of participation. I'm not sure what the final tally is, but based on the way the late registrants were coming in, I'm sure there will be several hundred more athletes signing up, than the number I am reporting here.
Besides the attraction of the race itself, street entertainers will be performing at the Turkey Trot  for the first time. Guitarist, Maurizio Russamano, along with, Donny Elvis will entertain the crowd inside the Atrium. Outside revelers will be dazzled and amazed by Freckles the Clown, Juggler Mike and his Unicycle, along with seasonal crowd favorite, Sax A Claus.
   Since I don't run, but I like to eat, please join me tomorrow for my own personal leg of the trot that I call, "The Half Block Challenge". I'll be starting at Famous Lunch to eat a dozen dogs, with a large chocolate milk, and a rice pudding. From there, we go to, I Love NY Pizza, for two slices and a coke. After which, we will then take a leisurely walk to the Atrium Parking Garage to watch the runners. We'll be meeting inside the Atrium at 8 a.m. to kick off, what I think will become an annual tradition.
   Make sure you get there early for a good parking spot though, as the event traditionally draws many thousands to cheer on their own personal favorite runners. So join us for the fun and entertainment on Thanksgiving morning. And most of all, Enjoy Troy!

No comments:

Post a Comment