Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hello Again to Chubby's:

   In case you hadn't noticed, Chubby's has returned to the 'Burgh. The corner of 114th & 5th Ave is once again complete, with the re-opening of Chubby's Subs. The eatery shut down for a few months, to re-organize, and re-energize what I call, the 'Bermuda Triangle' of my stomach. Between Chubby's & Snowman Ice Cream, I'm sure my battle of the bulge will once again be a losing battle. You see, I, like many others suffer from this eating affliction of HAVING to combine, a Top Rounder, with a cone from the Snowman. I'm sure that this combo does not meet the new recommendation by the federal government, that we eat no more than 600 calories per meal.
   If you remember what a Neba was, and haven't tried Chubby's, I recommend that you do so right away. I've seen so many different places try to replicate a real Neba over the years. None have been able to replace the iconic sandwich in my opinion -- until Chubby's came around. Real, fresh cooked roast beef, on a sesame roll -- now thats the real deal. They also have great subs, soups & salads, all at very family friendly prices. Not to mention the homemade potato chips -- which I normally do not eat -- but who can resist those homemade spud delights at Chubby's?
   Welcome back Chubby's --- you were missed. Remember to support your local businesses & eateries as much as possible. Every time you go across the river to spend your expendable income, you increase the chance of having a vacant storefront in your community. Enjoy Troy!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment