Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Hardware Store That Tim the Toolman Would Love:

In case you haven't noticed, Troy has a new hardware store. I visited the city's newest business a few days ago, excited that I no longer had to travel across the river, or to North Greenbush or Brunswick for those occasional Tim the Toolman moments I get. My latest mission is to re-caulk the windows of my Lansingburgh home. I was greeted at the door of the old Stanley building, now renamed, The Conservatory, by Jeff and Deane Pheil, owners of Pheil Hardware. The developers have been friends of mine for 7 years, and they never cease to amaze me with their knack for turning vacant buildings, into something the community can be proud of.
The former department store has been completely renovated, with lofts on the second floor, and retail space at street level. The hardware store has a complete stock of anything you may need in getting your home ready for the winter months. It was actually refreshing walking through the aisle's, checking out the merchandise in this latest jewel of downtown -- and a great break from the Big Box store adventures I've taken over the years. Plus, the prices were extremely competitive with the chain stores.
I was taking notice on how the other customers were doing with their sales people, and was impressed at the knowledge of the products that the employee's were sharing with the prospective buyers. I ask all Troy residents to check out and to support our new hardware store. Before you go Big Box, go Pheil.

On a personal note, I'd like to thank Jeff & Deane Pheil for once again taking a chance on Troy. I wish them all the best, with continued success in the future. For more info, visit, www.pheilhardware.com

No comments:

Post a Comment