Saturday, December 26, 2009

Sax a Claus:

Here's something that just caught my attention in Downtown Troy on Christmas Eve, that I thought was fabulous. My family and I attended 4 p.m. mass at St. Anthony's church. Father Mario Julian said a beautiful mass, which was attended by more people than I've ever seen at the church. We had parked about a block and a half away, up by the Atrium, so we had the chance to enjoy a walk through downtown, on a beautiful evening.
All of a sudden, we were pleasantly surprised to see Santa Claus walking down the street, playing Christmas music on his saxophone. We stopped, and were treated to a private concert on 4th Street. the entire experience made me close my eye's and remember the hustle and bustle of Troy's downtown during a different era, when events like this were common during the holiday season. The musical Santa goes by the moniker, Sax a Claus. I know it was just a little thing, but, it was just one of those special events that makes the holiday's so unique, and memorable.
Sax a Claus was just walking in and out of different bars, shops and restaurants, playing for the delighted patrons. He wasn't being payed by anyone, nor was he accepting tips for his time and effort. I asked him why he was out there and he replied, "I was blessed with talent, and I think during Christmas time, it's my obligation to share that talent to help brighten people's lives, and maybe enhance someones holiday season."

People like Sax a Claus, give you hope that there are still people out there who care, and perform acts of kindness, just to help make others happy. If everyone did just one thing to help another human being, our city would be a much happier, and healthier place.
My thanks to Sax a Claus for a job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment