Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Personal Stimulus Package In Action: Tasty Pizza

Over the past few weeks, I've been practicing what I've been preaching in regards to buying locally. Living in the 'Burgh gives my family plenty of choices to choose from when it comes to food. Pip's, Ted's Fish Fry, Chubby's, Snowman, Badass Burrito, Mr. Subb, Sunny Wok, Jimmy's Pizza, Anthony's Pizza and Testo's have all received some of my disposable income recently.

Being I love pizza and try to spread my business around the 'Burgh, I tried Tasty Pizzaria for the first time the other day and was really impressed. I needed to share this with you because the pie reminded me of my fathers pizza, which was the best I've ever had. The dough is made on premisis, and the sauce was delicious! Just like my dad's, who used only quality ingredients for his pizza, I could taste the difference. It brought back some pleasant memories of my father making his pizza for my family on a Friday night.

I spoke with owner Rick Castiglia, and was not surprised to hear that he's had successful pizzaria's in other locations. One of which has been around serving another local community for 25 years. Rick is a great guy, who located Tasty on the corner of 122nd St. & 5th Ave, the former home of Fishers, who also made an amazing pizza. Tasty has an impressive menu, with decent prices in my opinion. Do yoursef a favor and check the place out. If you don't like it, yell at me on this Blog -- but I really doubt you'll be disappointed. If Italians know one thing, it"s food!

Supporting our local eateries is very important to their stabilty and success. Keeping your dollars in your own city is not only a good idea, but the right thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment